Friday, July 18, 2008

First Steps

Charlotte took her first steps today! One...two... three.. steps and then she dove into my arms. She tried it several times and then got tired. This is exciting; especially since she is 19 1/2 months old. Charlotte was a bit of a late bloomer when it comes to moving. In fact, she was so slow to get moving her Daddy nicknamed her Slug. She insisted on "scooting" rather than crawling for months. She is a proficient crawler now, but I still call her my little Sluggy. I am very excited to have her walking on her own soon. All of you experienced Moms probably know what I am in for, and had a little chuckle to yourself right there.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! I guess now the chasing begins!

Karl said...

OOohhh! I love walking. She'll be able to keep herself busier now. Way to go Charlotte! -Jen

Katy said...

I'm so glad she'll be walking soon, but don't even start about late blooming with me.