Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Me and my gals on Mother's Day morning.




Charlotte insisted on wearing her new dress-up hat (above) to Church on Sunday; it is not something we normally do. She was awfully cute in it!



I got to attend a Mother's Day brunch at Charlotte's pre-school. They made all kinds of hand-made gifts for Mom and practiced serving their Moms using good manners. It went something like this...
"Would you like some juice Mom? Mom, I need a drink of that."
"Would you like a fruit parfait Mom? Can I eat all your raspberries Mom?"
then they sang us a song about being a wonderful Mom.
It was priceless.



I love Mother's Day. It is the one day a year you can brag about your beautiful children without being annoying! Scott and the girls woke up Sunday morning and made a delicious breakfast of egg, bacon and cheese sandwiches and fruit. I ordered my own Mother's Day gift a few weeks ago-a beautiful necklace with 2 silver flower charms and a pearl. The flower charms are stamped with the girl's first initials. The day came with lots of extra hugs and kisses too. I love being a Mom; it is a crazy, fun, emotional and ultimately rewarding business. I am so grateful to have my two blond haired blue-eyed cuties!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love that you get photos of yourself. You always look good, too. Happy Mother's day sister, love you!

Emilydear said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! You are a wonderful mother and what lucky girls you have! I am glad they spoiled you!

Andrea said...

Mother's day is the best! The preschool breakfast sounds delicious (even without raspberries)

Nat said...

I can't believe how big Olivia is. You girls are all gorgeous!