Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Toby-we miss you!





























I am finally ready to write about this. Our sweet Toby was hit by a car and died in the beginning of December. I was out jogging with him on an urban trail near a busy road. He was off his leash (as usual). He could not resist the urge to chase a cat across a field, under a road barrier and into the street.
Toby joined our family as a puppy in the summer of 2006. He was rescued from the Navajo reservation where he was found starving and covered in ticks. He was a good boy right from the start. Charlotte arrived a few months after we got him. He loved her from the moment we brought her home. He was her little shadow. He always let us know when she needed our help. He loved Olivia as well. He was a permanent fixture next to her bouncy seat.
I feel sad, I feel guilty, but most of all I miss him. I miss his "kitty cat" stretches, his snuggle session in my lap, the funny sounds he made when he yawned, the pitiful looks he'd give me when Charlotte was picking on him. We are so sorry he had to leave us. We love you Toby, we will always remember you.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Danielle! I am so sorry! That is so hard!!

Lance and Mandy said...

Danielle, I am so sorry. Dogs bring more love than we ever realize and then when they leave us we have a huge hole in our hearts! Every time I have lost one, I swear I never want another one cause the pain is so great!

Jen said...

Sweet Toby. You guys know how to find the best ones. We miss him too. Love from our house to you and your family.

Katy said...

My heart is still with you Danielle. Lots of love.