Monday, January 17, 2011

Artists in the making


Olivia has recently discovered the joy of painting. It always nice to find a new way to keep her busy for 10 minutes. I thought these pictures were cute; so here you go.



Look at that focus!

Speaking of artists; I've noticed Charlotte's drawings have made a leap in sophistication lately. Her characters are often wearing patterned clothes or have wonderful facial expressions. Here are two recent masterpieces. She said this one was her and Humpty Dumpty; I like his striped pants.
This is my favorite drawing she's made to date. She told me it was an angry spider. His facial expression make me smile.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Precious! I love how Olivia is holding the water cup, she looks so professional. And oh my goodness that angry spider is cute.

emilydeardeuff said...

Awesome drawing Charlotte! Great idea to put the painting stuff on a tray--I love the last picture of Olivia.

Jen said...

Oh, I love those drawings! They'd look nice on a t shirt. Olivia does look serious, start saving for art school!