Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sedona with Katy



For Christmas I got a rare chance to get together with Katy. We decided to leave the kids at home and make the most of our few short hours. We met in Sedona where we had a hike, ate a delicious lunch (still dreaming of pot-roast and mashed potato sandwiches Katy?), some brief shopping (where Katy treated me to a pair of funky Zumba pants-I'll have to post em) and ended the day with an outback Jeep tour. Needless to say; we had a fabulous time! Thanks Katy for treating me to a wonderful day. I wish I got to see my sisters more often.

This picture was supposed to be last-oh well. This was on our Jeep tour; the sun was setting and putting an orangy glow on everything-gorgeous.



Katy on top (almost) of Bell rock. There really is no clear trail up the thing. People just scurry about like ants; trying to find an easy way up. We picked a goal point on one of the mesas and reached our destination. We were planning an hour of meditation on top (just kidding; but people in Sedona are really into things like that); but there were too many people waiting for our view.
A view from the top

The 7 sacred pools; part of the jeep tour
Our tour guide "Buck" took this picture. He was quite the stereotype of a Texas man in a leather vest, spurs and a gun holster.
Ahh, Sedona (named after a settlers wife-we found out on the tour). It really is such a beautiful place. It felt great to be walking around in a light jacket in December for a change.

2 comments:

emilydeardeuff said...

Fun sister day! Love your modeling on the rocks!(:

Andrea said...

I wish I could have been there-it's so pretty!