Tuesday, March 29, 2011

DIY SIlhouettes

Over the weekend I made these cute silhouettes of the girls. I think the one of Olivia looks just like her. Charlotte's doesn' t look as much like her-but I think I am just getting use to seeing her without bangs. They were so fun to make. I might try the dog next.

These are the pictures I used.

Olivia still has that oversized baby head; so cute.
I made some mini ones to put up in my office.




Want to make one?


1. take a picture of your child's profile.

2. download the photos and copy the image into a computer program; I used Word.

3. enlarge or shrink image to desired size and print.

4. Use a fine pen to outline the silhouette; this makes it much easier to do the cutting.

5. Tape printed picture to black paper and cut out silhouette.


6. Mount in cheap frame (got these for $3 at Michaels; they are made out of recycled plastic-but you couldn't tell right)

Easy!


2 comments:

Jen said...

Very cute! What a great way to save a memory.

kathleen said...

Fun idea, Danielle-you need a bigger house to hang up and display all your great stuff you make!